Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Love You, Three

This is a picture of my baby completely heartbroken. We promised her a fun morning at an awesome playground. Mike and I talked it up all through breakfast and practically had a game plan of which playground equipment we were going to hit up first. Grace squealed with sheer happiness when we pulled into the parking lot. I was amazed at how empty it was for a beautiful, sunshiny Saturday morning.

Turns out it was empty because it was closed for maintenance. Talk about horrible timing. My girl cried and cried and cried. After we finally managed to buckle her into her carseat, we drove around to the parks the GPS told us were nearby. But they looked a little questionable. So after driving around all morning looking for a decent playground, we ended up back in our neighborhood, playing on the playground that is a two minute walk away from our house.

On the bright side, Grace told her first joke today. She and I were sitting in the car waiting for Mike to get coffee at Starbucks when she told me she loved me. Naturally, I told her I loved her, too. And then with a big old smile on her face, she responded with, "I love you, three!"




4 comments:

Nellie said...

just text me next time!!! i'll tell you where to go. have you checked out the park that's behind (generally, not directly) tacolu? my kids loved that one!

Julie, the mama said...

Ha! Love it when they start learning how to tell jokes.

Great pictures of what looked like great fun.

Michael said...

Grace is having so much fun, she makes us want to be there to play, too!

Love,
Grandma and Grandpa

Meagan said...

Kids telling jokes is awesome! What a sweet moment!! Those pics look fabulous, I miss sunshine.