Thursday, February 10, 2011

Super Grover and My Baby Fix

Pretending to be Super Grover. She asked me to tie a blanket around her neck and then she ran around the house yelling, "I'm Super Grover!"

I woke up this morning to another rainy day. Where, oh where is the sunshine, Sunshine State??? After over a week of this soggy weather, I've come to realize something about myself. Consecutive rainy, stay-in kind of days make me want to eat, eat, eat. And not just anything. The junkier the better- cookies, chips, candy, etc. Remember those pounds I lost when I had the stomach bug a couple of weeks ago? Yeah, they're back. And then some.

But despite the depressing weather, I knew I was in for a treat. Grace and I were expecting a sweet little visitor in the morning.

I had the pleasure of watching one of the sweetest babies I know, Trenton. He is adorable. And he is so easy going. Grace and I read him stories and sang him songs and he was appreciative of all our efforts. He even took an hour long nap.

I was a little sad when his mama came back to pick him up so soon. So I convinced her and Trenton's big brother, Ty, to stay for lunch and an impromptu play date. The two big kids had a blast and I had fun visiting with Jenn and getting my baby fix with Trenton.

The rest of the day was pretty laid back. Grace and I even managed to bake some cookies. (See what I mean about my rainy day cravings?) The only hiccup in our day was nap time and bedtime. I don't know what in the world is going on, but she is having trouble falling asleep when it used to be such a breeze. It is now nearly 11 and she is still protesting.

She needs to hurry up and sleep because the moment she conks out, I'm out, too. It was a great day, but I'm exhausted!

A little jealousy here. Grace reminded Trenton several times, "This is MY mama. YOUR mama is coming right back."

Dr. Ty and baby Grace enjoying play time.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

That last picture had me cracking up! Krista used to crawl in her baby pack and play, too. So sweet!

I'm glad y'all had a good day.

Julie, the mama said...

That last picture got me so tickled.

I am always amazed at Grace's stamina. That will do her good in life.