Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Vaseline

Ever since she was a newborn, Grace has been plagued with dry lips. I'm constantly slathering Vaseline on them to help with the chapping. And ever since she could move, she's been dying to dip her hands into the Vaseline jar, but I've been successful in keeping it away from her.

Until this morning.



We were getting ready to head over to Grandma and Grandpa's and I was in the bathroom finishing up my hair when I thought how great Grace was doing. Normally when I'm trying to get ready, she's busy trying to empty out the bathroom cabinets or hugging the back of my legs. Basically doing her best to make us late for whatever appointment we're trying to get ready for. But this morning, she was quiet.

I should know better. Quiet is never a good thing when it comes to toddlers. It almost always means they're into something they're not supposed to.

I nearly died of laughter when I walked out of the bathroom and saw her like this. Yes, the hands were a complete mess, but at least she put some on her lips too!

What a hilarious start to our great day.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Oh, Cicely...I am so relieved that she didn't get it all in her beautiful hair. I have heard horror stories about toddlers and Vaseline in the hair. Miss Grace was just trying to save you a step this morning. She knew exactly what she was doing.

Meagan said...

You lucked out Girl!! Kay "soaped" herself up with it, I had to wash her with Tide to get it all off. It was dreadful.

She looks so sweet in that top picture with it smeared on her lips!