Monday, April 5, 2010

Matching Monday

I ordered this green shirt online and when it came in, it was a lot brighter than I expected. I kept it anyway because it perfectly matched Grace's lime green polka dot outfit. One day I'm sure she'll be mortified to be all matchy-matchy with her mama, so I'm taking advantage of this small window of opportunity when it might still be considered cute.

Today I witnessed another first for Grace, although it's not one that I was really too excited about. Grace has been fascinated with the potted plant in the corner of my mom's dining room. She's been told several times to stay away after numerous attempts to dig into the soil. As I was fixing her lunch, I heard Uncle Josh telling me to come quick because Grace was eating dirt. I ran over and saw that my child did indeed have a mouthful of potting soil. And then she got mad at me when I tried to swipe the nastiness out of her mouth!

There are some days when it's a challenge to get her to eat her meals, but she'll readily eat dirt? I have so much to learn as a parent.

She loved being pushed around in her doll's pack'n'play.

2 comments:

Nellie said...

aw! i think the shirts are super cute on you guys. love it with your skin tone. :)

Meagan said...

I LOVE it!! Matching is sooooo much fun. My poor family has to endure a lot of it, but I'm not sure we have ever looked as cute as you two. Adorable!