Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stop and Smell the Flowers

That's exactly what we did today when we spent the afternoon at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens. Although truth be told, Grace was really more interested in playing with the mulch. Nevertheless it was a gorgeous day perfect for walking in the gardens.



Look carefully at the name of this plant...

There was even a children's area that had a sprayground. Grace loved it! She was soaking wet by the time we were done and the only extra clothing I had was a turtleneck onesie, so she went around for the rest of the day wearing just that.

Grace drank from a water fountain for the first time today since I forgot her sippy cup at home.

2 comments:

Lola said...

That's exactly where I got your name from in addition to grandpa's (Cecilio). I am glad you had a fabulous time today.

Julie, the mama said...

Such beautiful pictures. So glad I got to see Lola's comment about your name. How cool is that???

I'm glad to know I'm not the only mama who never has the appropriate extra set of clothes handy when I need them. You still did better than me; mine usually have to ride home wearing only a diaper or panties!