Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Birthday, Uncle Ninong!

We celebrated Uncle Carl's birthday today. My little brother is officially in his late 20's. I can hardly believe it. It seems like only yesterday we were fighting over which cartoon to watch or who crossed over the imaginary line on the sofa dividing our territories. How funny life is that the little boy I sometimes found annoying (and I'm sure he could say the same about me) is now one of my best friends.

We had dinner at his favorite sushi place, Yama's, and were joined by the Isaac sisters, Jessica and Josyl, who are like sisters to us. We've been friends for over twenty years!

In honor of her Uncle Ninong's birthday, I ordered Grace her very own sushi, an avocado roll. It was her first time eating sushi and she'd enthusiastically bite into it, but would spit it right back out. She loved the cucumber salad though.




The Copon siblings unintentionally all wore green tonight. Great minds think alike, I guess!

With my BFF, Josyl, with whom I'm not afraid to practice the supermodel pose for pictures. With anyone else, I'd feel silly, but with Josyl, it's all fun!

3 comments:

Jackie French said...

Cicely,
You are looking amazing these days!!! I only hope that after baby #2 I can get anywhere near my prepregnancy size - it looks like you've accomplished that and then some :)!

Nellie said...

Cicely! That green dress is gorgeous on you. I bet Mike is drooling out there...
Turn STILL loves cucumber salad and will eat serving after serving of pickled ginger. I love getting them used to the idea of sushi so young. :) Hope you're having a great time -can't wait to see you guys next month.

Meagan said...

I'm always impressed with Grace's palette. She eats so well. Maybe when she learns a few more words she can talk some sense into Kay?

You look smokin' girl! I know JoJo is smiling seeing that super model pic.