Monday, April 12, 2010

Off to the Outlets

Lina, Grace, and Sadie

An afternoon of shopping is always a good time in my book, but when you're doing it with a couple of your besties, Josyl and Glenda, it's even better. I was a little bummed when Lola couldn't make it. Mainly because it's fun shopping with my mom, but also because I was nervous about trying to keep Grace entertained while looking for some bargains. Shopping with her has become pretty impossible lately. We do okay on short trips, but I knew it would be a challenge to get her to cooperate for an entire afternoon.

Thankfully, Josyl's mom, AKA 'The Baby Whisperer', was with us. The kids clamored for her attention and she was able to keep them busy enough so that we could do some decent shopping.

Grace starting the big escape...


Sadie following suit...


After the big escape, there was no convincing her to sit in the stroller again. I used to think those kid leashes were so cruel and unnecessary, but I totally want one now...

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Ahhh..... another milestone in parenting. The leash. If only we could keep that leash on them until after high school?

Your shopping trip sounds great! I soooo miss shopping at real stores.

Julie, the mama said...

I agree; the leash is a milestone only reserved for the most spirited of kids. As Hendley would always sit quietly in her stroller while I would shop away, I always judged other mamas who would bring out the ol' backpack.

And then the Boss came along, and now even the monkey leash isn't always foolproof when it comes to keeping up with him.

Nothing like a spirited child to humble you, huh? And provide you with more fun that you ever imagined!