Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Goodbye, Virginia Beach

It doesn't seem to matter how long I stay in Virginia Beach, it's never enough time. There's always someone I didn't get the chance to see or something I didn't get the chance to do. But whether it's a quick visit or a longer stay, it's always a good time there and the moment I leave, I already start longing for the time I get to go back.

Our last night in Virginia Beach was spent hanging out with family. Everyone came over to Lolo and Lola's for dinner and tried to get their fill of Grace. There was lots of begging for us to come back again soon, and although I don't have any plans right now, you never know.

We're finally back in Jacksonville and our trip down was great. This is due in large part to Lola's last minute decision to keep us company on the long drive. She and Grace had so much fun together that it took all I had to remember to concentrate on the road ahead of me and not look back to see what all the giggling was about. Thank goodness for Lola! I know Mike was really nervous about his girls going solo.

Playing a silly game to see which grandparent Grace would run to. Lola won this round, but Lolo said Lola had an unfair advantage of being closer.

Looking for birds at the rest area where we stopped for a picnic lunch.

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I feel the same way about when my mama visits. She can stay one day or one month and it is still never long enough.

That was so sweet of Lola to ride home with you. What would we do without grandparents???

Glad you are home safely. Mike will be home before you know it now!

Joannemay Estoesta said...

I love, love, love that Grace has a long lasting and loving relationship with all her Grandparents. It reminds me of the time you spoke so lovingly about your relationship with your Lola. See you soon, Chica!

Meagan said...

I'm glad I'm not the only Mom who misses her Mama like crazy! How nice that Lola joined your on your journey. So glad you guys made it home safe and sound!