Monday, January 11, 2010

To-do's

Usually I would consider a day where I got two loads of laundry done and put away, tidied and reorganized the nursery, cleaned the bathrooms, dusted the furniture, and made a whole wheat pizza from scratch (including the sauce) pretty darn productive. But because I had much more on my to-do list today that still remains undone, I have hours to go before I can climb into bed.

Thank goodness Grace is finally in bed. It is now 11:13pm and I just got her down 10 minutes ago. She was Little Miss Cranky Pants, but for whatever reason, she refused to go to bed. And because she was so cranky, the last couple hours were unproductive for me. Last night's easy breezy bedtime routine seems like a distant memory. I guess it was just pure luck. I was hoping it was the start of a great new routine. She has been sorely missing out on a routine since we left Japan.

Tomorrow is a new day- another chance to establish some kind of routine and more time to complete a fresh set of to-do's.


Santa was kind enough to get Grace a little chair of her own to lounge in, but wouldn't you know- this girl loves laying around on the floor.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Slow down Lady! Just reading your blog made me tired, and hungry!

These next few months are sure to fly by with you being such a busy bee.

Julie, the mama said...

Enjoy the life of no routine. When you have another one, that won't be an option.

That pizza looked AWESOME!

Lola said...

You gotta make that kind a pizza for your mama when you get here in VB. I love the kids when they are so tired playing and would just drop anywhere to take a nap. Then the circle of life continues. When you're elderly, you take a nap on the couch instead on the floor.