Wednesday, January 13, 2010

At the Playground

Up until three in the afternoon, the most productive thing I did was make a pitcher of sweet iced tea. But the sunny and semi-warm weather was making me feel guilty about staying indoors all day so Grace and I changed out of our pajamas and took a walk around the neighborhood. I almost bypassed the playground because most of the equipment is a little too big for Grace, but I decided to check it out anyway. It looked empty so I didn't have to worry about older kids running around and knocking Grace over.

Thank goodness for that last minute decision because I met another stay-at-home mama, who is also new to the neighborhood, and her fifteen month old son. We exchanged numbers and now Grace has a little playmate in the area. I'm on a roll- two new friends in two days!

After that unexpected surprise, we went home and I tidied up the place while Grace took a very short nap. But as I look around the living room now, you wouldn't even know it. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. As soon as I'm done with this entry, I'm off to clean again. Only to have it look exactly the same tomorrow morning when she wakes up. At least it keeps me busy.

My little mess maker. Notice the toilet paper draped over her shoulder. I don't know which is her favorite bathroom activity- unrolling the toilet paper or trying to take out every single item from the cabinets.

Trying out a new hairdo since I'm having a hard time keeping the bow in.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Her new hairdo is just adorable! The "make a mess phase" drove me nuts too. Kay was into everything!

Julie, the mama said...

So glad you are making friends, although I knew you would! ;-)

Joannemay Estoesta said...

Grace can come to my 80s Party with her hair!

Lola said...

Joannemay, you are soo funny! I love your sense of humor.

Grace you are soo cute regardless of your hairstyle. Love ya, mwhoa!