Saturday, January 2, 2010

Kisses and Hugs

It seemed appropriate that this morning was dark and bitterly cold as Grace and I said our goodbyes to Mike. I know the two of us will be fine, but it just won't be as much fun without Daddy around. There's no one who can make me laugh like my husband. Grace will be missing out on her favorite rough and tumble play because he's awesome at throwing her up in the air and holding her upside down. And now I have to take out the trash.

We are going to miss Mike terribly. These last kisses and hugs from him will just have to last us until he gets back.

Luckily Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Megan stayed with us an extra day to delay the pity-party and self wallowing I might succumb to. We spent the afternoon being TV couch potatoes and watching Grace get better at walking. An early evening Saturday Mass, a fabulous dinner at a New Orleans Cajun restaurant, and laughter from seeing all of Grace's new tricks kept me in a positive mood.

We shall see what tomorrow brings, but I'm hopeful that I can keep the self-pity at bay. And in case you were wondering, I did not cry this morning when we were saying our goodbyes. I was strong and tear-free.

The night before, now that is a different story....





3 comments:

Meagan said...

Cicely, I'm so sorry. Deployment sucks! Are you going to any port stops? Following the ship around always helps me and Kay. Good Luck!

Lola said...

Remember darling, we are only a phone call away. Military life is bittersweet indeed. You'll go through it just like we and you in-laws did. Love you.

Julie, the mama said...

You might not have cried, but I just sobbed reading the blog. Blaming it on pregnancy hormones and not me being a wimp.

Let us know if you need anything. I can be at your doorstep before you know it if you need anything.

Love you all!