Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Some Tuesday Tears

This morning, I was on the computer going through pictures with Grace on my lap when she started pointing to one of her and her daddy. When I enlarged it, she stared at it for a few seconds and then burst into tears! Mike worries that Grace won't even notice he's gone, but I think this morning proves that this sweet baby girl is definitely missing her daddy.

With Grace's birthday just a few short weeks away, the rest of the day was spent working on her party invitation. I put Grace in her princess dress in an attempt to take a nice picture for the invitation, but she just wasn't into it. When the crying began, I had to admit defeat and hope I had at least one decent shot.

Here's a little sampling of the photo shoot.





5 comments:

Beth said...

That picture with her at the blinds is great!

Julie, the mama said...

Awwww....that just made me so sad!

That's it. I'm making Bill drop his letter tomorrow. Just kidding, but man, this has got to be terrible with small children. Hang in there!

Meagan said...

That just blows! I'm so sorry Cicely. All I can tell you is that we made it though more deployments than I can count. And as many tears as we cried, none of it mattered when Daddy arrived home. That feeling of finally being together again and seeing your child go bananas for Dad more than makes up for the months apart. You can do it!

Another tip, Anthony made Kay a Daddy bear from Build a Bear. Each paw has him saying something to her. Good Morning, have a great day. Good Night, have sweet dreams. Daddy loves you. And be good and mind your Mommy. That bear now sounds drunk she has played those things so much, but even now it means the whole world to her.

Michael said...

The picture of Grace at the window is simply stunning. What better picture could you hope for?

Lola said...

Thank you all for being good friends to my daughter. Your words of encouragement is surely appreciated and I am sure will make this deployment and seperation easier for Cicely, Mike and Grace as well. God bless all of you!