Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Great Day

I shattered a jar of baby food on the kitchen floor this morning. Shards of glass all over the tile floor and pureed squash splattered on every surface in a two foot radius. All this happens as I'm trying to leave the house to meet a new friend for the first time. I'm not the most punctual person in the world, but I don't need her knowing that on our first meeting. I now have no choice but to clean it all up because Grace loves to lay around on the kitchen floor and I don't want her hurting herself on a random piece of glass. I stuck Grace in her crib to keep her away from the kitchen and she screamed in protest the entire time I was cleaning.

Thankfully, things got better from there. I miraculously still made it on time and had a nice lunch with a new friend, Beth. We were introduced to each other through email by a mutual friend, Julie from Georgia. We talked about our babies and things to do around Jacksonville and made plans to meet up again when I get back from Virginia Beach. It feels good to have a friend here.

After lunch, we ran to the post office to get birthday invitations mailed out and then since we were out and about anyway, we went to the mall to do some shopping. Grace was the only one who scored any stuff today, but I got myself a Chick-fil-a chocolate milkshake to make it up to myself. The lady at the drive-through made a comment about how the baby was going to enjoy the yummy shake, thinking the shake was for Grace. Feeling fat, I didn't correct her. Since I'm still nursing, technically, she will get to enjoy it eventually, right?

Grace and I ended the evening by watching American Idol. She giggled at the crazy contestants and we both clapped at the ones we thought would make it to Hollywood. And then to top it all off, my bestie, Julie from Japan, called and we got to chat it up for a good while. What a special treat!

If tomorrow turns out to be less than exciting, I won't mind since today was such a great day.

5 comments:

Meagan said...

YaY for new friends!!! I'm so excited for you!

And you are so NOT fat! Get a grip!! You look AMAZING!

Lola said...

This is from your Mama, you look fabulous. I am glad you had a great day. Can't wait to see you both in a few days. God bless.

Julie, the mama said...

I LOVE the picture. Like LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT love it! And I bet your husband loves it even more...both of his beautiful girls together.

Now what I'm not loving is that you and Beth got to have lunch without me!

Awesome Brother Josh said...

i wish all of my phone calls made it into your blog. :( haha

Daddy Underway said...

Julie couldn't be more right - I love this picture. Now my new favorite - ever. I miss my beautiful ladies.