Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year, a New Planner

I can't tell you how many calendar planners I've bought in the past that remained nearly blank. I'm not the most organized person in the world, but I like to pretend I am. I got a planner before our big move from Japan because there were so many important dates I needed to keep track of, but even then, it was hardly used. I would write the important dates Mike told me on scraps of paper or just try and memorize them. My blank planner became a running joke between the two of us.

Nevertheless, I absolutely love planners. Maybe I enjoy getting them because I love the possibilities that a blank one represents. All those dates, so many possible things to do!

Well, this is a new year with brand new possibilities. So I got myself another planner. I really do plan on using it this time. I figure, the more I fill that planner with stuff to do, the faster these seven months will go. And that is definitely my goal.

Buying the planner was the easy part though. Now I have to get out there, meet people, and make friends so it'll be easier to fill those blanks with things to do. I need to start radiating the 'let's be friends' vibe to people. Hopefully Jacksonville is filled with lots of friendly people.

This is the only picture I took of my baby today. Pitiful, I know, but I'll try to do better tomorrow.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your attitude Cicely! It is that wonderful and positive energy that is going to take you through these 7 months and make you stronger! Get out there and start filling up that planner....don't forget to check out Stroller Strides - I really think you'd like it :)! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Cicely, some things never change... I remember every new school year when you would get so excited about your brand new notebooks... Give Grace a kiss for me. Love you! Michelle

Julie, the mama said...

Oh, I just LOVE getting a new planner every year too! I just know you'll filling that thing up with playdates and girls' nights soon!

Meagan said...

I love to planner shop too! It is so exciting to see all the new options each year. Fill that thing up and Mike will be home in no time!

Joannemay Estoesta said...

Cicely, I've used the same planner since Dinosaurs roamed the Earth. I still order from the same website. I order 2 per yeat, one for me and James each. And to make matters worse, I save them.... So I can look back, kinda like a journal. I know I'm a Dweeb!

Sharen said...

Would you fancy a two hour drive towards Orlando to visit an old friend? :) I'd love to see you! =)