Friday, January 29, 2010

No Snow!

I love snow days. I have so many fond memories of excitedly waking up to a winter wonderland and heading outdoors with my brothers to play in the snow. I can't wait for Grace to experience her first snow day, which I thought would be awhile since we now live in sunny Florida.

When the weather forecast said a snowstorm was heading our way, my normal excitement was replaced with dread. Tomorrow is Grace's big birthday bash and snowy/icy roads are the last thing I want for her guests to deal with. I'm praying the snow will hold off until Sunday.

We went to Walmart this afternoon to pick up some last minute things for the party and you could tell that something was up- the place was packed and people were piling their carts high with provisions. With the frantic atmosphere, I was beginning to stress out, and I started to wonder if I should be stockpiling too.

But Grace was the very image of carefree attitude. Despite being strapped in, she somehow managed to lay down and get comfy in that Walmart cart. Seeing her like that made me laugh and remember that I'm the kind of person who can live on cereal and milk and we had plenty of that at home. No need to stockpile, no need to stress.

1 comments:

Lola said...

Seeing Grace in the shopping cart sleeping, reminds me of old days that's why I always brought baby comforter to put in the cart so that my kids can lay down comfortably and take a nap while I shopped. That is soooo cute by the way.