Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sleep, Glorious Sleep!

For the past couple of days, Grace has slept in until ten, taken long afternoon naps, and hasn't fought me at bedtime. It must be something about Virginia Beach. When we were here last summer, she pretty much slept through the night and I mistakenly believed that pattern would continue, but when we went back to Japan, and even now in Jacksonville, she still wakes up several times during the night. So if this is just a temporary thing, I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

When she's not sleeping, we spend our days reading and chasing Lucky, our 18 year old family dog, around the house. Maybe this tires her out more than I think and it's the reason why she's been sleeping so well. If we lived in a place that had a yard, I would seriously consider getting her a dog. She loves them so much!

I'm finding it more and more difficult to take good pictures because she just won't stay still long enough.

I'm not too fond of this furry vest because I think it makes her look like the Abominable Snowbaby, but when Lola put it on her at Old Navy just for fun, Grace loved it so much she refused to take it off. At least it was on clearance for only a couple dollars.



Lolo and Lola trying to teach Grace how old she'll be.

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Sleep is a glorious thing. In a way, you are lucky that your first was the not-so-great sleeper. I thought they all took extra long naps, and slept 13 hours a night when I just had Hendley. And then the Boss came along, and I learned that sleep isn't necessarily guaranteed!

Glad sweet Grace is giving you lots of rest now. Hopefully it will continue when y'all get back home.

Beth said...

I love that vest!!!
And I'm finding the same thing - it def. gets harder to take cute pics, they are always on the move at this age!

Meagan said...

HaHa! The story about the vest is too cute. I'm glad you are getting some sleep, you are smart to catch up on it while you can. Enjoy the rest of your visit!!