Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sassy Girl

The other day I found Grace trying to pry the babyproofed outlet covers off so I got in her face, said no, and added a finger wag to emphasize my message. The finger wag backfired and now Grace is the one who finger wags her mama. Here she is wagging her finger at me after I told her to stop grabbing the camera lens.

I am loving this stage of babyhood. She's got such a little personality now and I think I'm the luckiest mama in the world to be able to stay home with my baby. I would hate to think that I'd be missing out on all this fun if I were still working. Let's see, try to find a fun way to teach grammar to moody thirteen year olds with attitude problems or have impromptu dance parties in my living room with a sweet eleven month old? Hmmmm...I'll take my baby girl, thank you very much.

When we're not out in public, this is what she looks like since she refuses to keep her hairbow in these days. I let it go at home, but when we're out and about, that bow is staying in!

Grace is my little shadow at home. I was trying to clean this morning and she was content to just sprawl on the floor next to me. If I moved to a different spot, she would pick up her toys and sprawl wherever I went.

It warmed up slightly today so we went for a little walk this afternoon. It was still chilly enough to have to wear a jacket and bring a blanket. Seriously though, I thought we lived in Florida- sunny skies, warm weather?

2 comments:

Joannemay Estoesta said...

You are funny. I have banned the word "NO" in my house. It's just something we're experimenting with Jasmine. With Mya, we always said NO... Then one day, I was at a restaurant and overheard parents saying "NO" like 100 times and it got so annoying.... Did they really think their 8 month old was going to stop throwing food? So don't laugh, but I'll growl at Jasmine, distract with another toy, or completely remove her from the situation. Grace, however, is clearly determined. We miss the Augustine's!!! James ran into Alex and chatted it up with him at Sbarros. A flight to San Diego, these days costs about $125... Care to venture our way and visit the San Diego Zoo?

Meagan said...

I love Sassy Grace, too sweet!!