Thursday, September 9, 2010

Shopping Partner

My shopping partner and I had hit HomeGoods, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and two Targets- all before lunch. We were a busy duo looking for decorating odds and ends for her bedroom and my new office.

We didn't have any luck during our morning shopping blitz, although I was sorely tempted to get the pink and green throw pillows at HomeGoods when Grace hugged them and said, "Mama, I LOVE it!"

As soon as Grace got up from her nap, we hit our third Target for the day. This is where we finally hit the jackpot. I found the perfect window valance for my office nook and living room and they were on clearance for five dollars. Five dollars! I thought I also found the perfect area rug to cozy up my office space, but it didn't quite fit right, so the search continues for that.

I did find the most darling bedding set for Grace's big girl bed. I'm holding off on them until they go on sale, but I'm just glad I finally found something. Now I have to keep a close eye on them and wait until I can get them for a better deal. And seeing as how I go to Target about ten times a week, there's no way I'll miss them when they do go on sale.

A productive shopping day for me and my shopping partner. Tomorrow, we're hitting up Pottery Barn and Ballard Designs!

It's a rare day that goes by when there isn't some sort of scene of destruction caused by Grace. I was in the bathroom for thirty seconds, tops, and this is what I walked out to. She knows ripping up books is a bigger offense than pulling out wipes so she immediately ran up to me asking for hugs, hoping to prevent any outbursts/disciplinary action from me. And sucker that I am, it worked.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Both of my big kids loved to tear up books. What is up with these little monkeys?

LOVE all that pink and green in the buggy. Makes me want to drive the 30 minutes to Homegoods tomorrow. With all 3 kids!

I hear you on the Target addiction. I am so guilty. But it is because of things like that $5 steal you got. That is how they suck us in!

Meagan said...

After spending most of my summer in Target being back in Japan is all the more awful. I'm living through you!


Kay also tore up books. It drove me mad.