Monday, September 13, 2010

My Mess Maker

On today's agenda: stay home and relax by taking care of some housework and laundry. It was supposed to be an easy day interspersed with some reading for my book club.

I never got to the floors, half of the laundry is still dirty, and the only person who touched my book was Grace. As tiring as my day was, it was filled with lots and lots of laughter. Grace knows how to make a mess, that's for sure, but she is so much fun! At the end of the day, I care less about the dirty floors and more about these precious moments that fill my heart with joy.

As I emptied out the dryer, she climbed up on the table and attacked the post-it's. When she was done posting the notes all over herself and the table, she proudly looked up at me with a big smile and said, "Wow! Pretty!"

Climbed up onto her changing table and emptied out her wipes container. Again.

About a minute after I put her down for a nap in the crib, she was standing in the hallway announcing, "I climb out." We still haven't converted her crib to a toddler bed, but we really need to soon. She has mastered the escape from the crib and there's no stopping her now.

Enjoying her powdered donut treat.

"Mama, cake?"

This is the state of our living room when she's awake. My house is only tidy twice a day- during her naptime and after she goes to bed for the night.

Finally tired from all her shenanigans and taking a break in her new 'seat'.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

You and Julie should get together and drink, heavily. Sounds like you two had crazy and seriously fun days.

What is it about post-it notes? Every child I know loves them.

Michael said...

Grace's antics let us start our day with lots of laughter. We'll get her a case of Post-It notes for Christmas instead of toys.

Love,
Grandma and Grandpa

LOLA said...

We should ship her a truck load of toys for more mess. It should be more fun for you (payback time). LOL

Julie, the mama said...

Love the grandparents comments. And Meagan is SO right! :-)