Thursday, September 30, 2010

Joy Luck

My goal today was to find a dress to wear for a dinner party Mike's boss is throwing on Friday night. No luck for me, but I did find an adorable dress for Grace. It's always easier finding something for her than for me. She looks good in everything. If it looks good on the hanger, it'll look good on her. Not so for me, unfortunately.

But there was still lots of joy in our day. Grace kept me laughing, as always, and I had a meeting with the Tri Delta gals to discuss our latest book, The Joy Luck Club.

I heard lots of babbling and random giggling as I was driving, and when I finally got a chance to look back and see what was so funny, Grace had taken off her shoe and sock, put the sock on her hand and was using it like a puppet. She was putting on a one person puppet show and entertaining herself!

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Cicely - where oh where has our baby Grace gone??? That precious girl in that precious dress is a little girl. No denying that!

Joannemay Estoesta said...

I can't wait to see the minutes for Joy Luck!
Grace is marvelous as always!

Beth said...

Where did you get that dress....I need that one too!!! :-)