Friday, September 3, 2010

My Apologies

My apologies to the people shopping at Target this morning who had to suffer through my rendition of the ABC song during our entire hour long stay there. Grace kept requesting the song and singing it loudly was the only way I could keep her happy long enough so I could finish browsing.

When she wasn't demanding I serenade her with the ABC song, she was busy trying to take off her sandals and throw them.

My apologies to the people at Pottery Barn Kids who had to dodge my child as she raced back and forth to the different display beds and zoomed the toy stroller around the store. I was trying to find new bedding since we'll soon be converting her crib to a toddler bed. I hate to put her in a toddler bed already because it means yet another milestone that marks how quickly my baby is growing up. But the little escape artist knows how to climb out of the crib now, so the time has come to move on to the next phase.

They have the most darling (and expensive!) things at Pottery Barn Kids. I would have LOVED this vanity as a little girl.

My apologies to the people dining at California Pizza Kitchen tonight. Grace was all over the place and any young couple who might have been considering starting a family need only look over at our place to have second thoughts about the whole idea. Mike and I did our best to contain our cute little monkey, but it also meant our hopes for a nice family dinner where we caught up with each other about our day was impossible. It was hard enough trying to keep Grace at our table, much less have a conversation.


"Sharing" my sweet tea.

To be completely honest though, these apologies are only half-hearted. In truth, I secretly enjoyed singing the ABC song to my sweet baby, I thought she was quite adorable racing around Pottery Barn Kids, and there were moments of fun sprinkled in with the craziness of dining out. Then again, I'm her mother. I don't know if the customers, salespeople, and fellow diners found her antics nearly as adorable as her daddy and I do. But seriously, who wouldn't forgive her theatrics when you're rewarded with an angelic voice saying, "I love you, Mama"?

1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Cute, cute, cute! (And no need to apologize for that little angel.)