Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Not the Bachelor Pad I Remember....


For those of you that are wondering why we've been so late with an update, well, that's because the blog is in Daddy's hands. Don't worry, the girls are fine. They decided to make a surprise trip up to Virginia Beach for a few days. In the meantime, I'm left to my own devices. I can crash on my awesome couch, watch whatever HDTV program I want to (ie sports and car shows), I can smoke cigars on the patio, and all those things I did when I first bought this condo. After all, it was meant to be my ultimate bachelor pad. And yet, somehow, it's eerily quiet. Not coming home to my beautiful girls gets old quick. I actually took the Volvo to work today over the Camaro - who would've thought that? Now, it's late in the evening, I walk into Grace's room, and it's saddens me to see it without her. I guess it's a good thing I'm on duty tomorrow. A night on the ship without family is natural. Nights at home without family just isn't. In fact, it's painfully unnatural. Goodnight girls - see you soon.

8 comments:

Cicely said...

We miss you! Don't worry, we'll be home real soon. Lots and lots of love..... your girls...xoxoxoxo

Julie, the mama said...

Awwww...such a sweet post. Think you can talk Bill into updating my blog one day?! :-)

Lola said...

I am just enjoying my girls right now. In Grace's term, "I YOVE IT".

Very sweet post indeed! They will be home soon...

Aunt Megan said...

Aw, such a sweet post! The condo is very different from the first time I was ever there. In a good way :)

Julie B said...

I have been checking the post to see if there was any updates! It makes me feel like we still live close when I read the Augustine updates. I think it is great you love your girls and miss them so much! Isn't it amazing how much life changes for the better?

Meagan said...

Very sweet post! I think Anthony would be too busy eating cheetos and playing video games to ever update the blog for me.

Michael said...

Thank you for sharing your girls with us for a few days. We never expected Cicely and Grace to show up on the front porch at 9 o'clock Monday night. We enjoyed all the hugs we got from Grace, listening to her talk so well, and watching her climb onto everything, including Grandpa.

Nellie said...

This was so sweet! Deacon and I enjoyed the company!