Saturday, September 11, 2010

He Loves Me

There's no denying my husband loves me. He tells me so multiple times everyday, but actions speak louder than words, so if I ever doubt the sincerity of his words, I need only remember what he did today.

The man drove me around all over Jacksonville so I could check out a couple of bookstores. He patiently waited with a bored toddler while I leisurely browsed the aisles and looked at rare and antique books. And when I'm in a bookstore without the responsibility of keeping my girl under control, I can take a long time.

He didn't say a word when I suggested a visit to one of the last Targets I hadn't been to in the past week. I know, I know- I have a real problem with my addiction to Target. In fact, after paying for the matching shams for Grace's bedding, he said it was the least amount we've ever spent at Target at one visit. I'm not sure if it was meant to be a compliment, but I'm going to take it as one.

(I will post pictures of Grace's bedding once the curtains I have to order online come in- then her collection will really be complete. Even his go-with-the-flow attitude on my whole bedding obsession proves his love for me. He may not understand it, but he at least he is tolerant of it.)

When I wanted to stop by at the nearby HomeGoods 'real quick', he was cool with it. Even though he knows very well that I can never go to a place like that for just a few minutes. He and Grace had fun checking out the different seating options on display.

After we finally got home, he installed the curtain rods and hung up my new window valances. Then he and Grace played with dolls and he even taught her how to diaper her baby doll.

My sweet husband did all of this all while feeling a bit under the weather. I feel a little bad that I dragged him around town like that while he was sneezing and sniffling, but I did let him take a little nap and made him some ramen soup for dinner. That may not have been enough to make up for wearing the man out today, but like I said, he loves me. As I do him.


3 comments:

Aunt Megan said...

:)

Michael said...

The true measure of a man's character is his treatment of children.

Meagan said...

I love the story about Mike showing Grace to change a diaper! So sweet!!