Friday, September 10, 2010

Bedding Obsession

Last night as we were lying in bed getting ready to fall sleep, Mike turned to me and said that he never imagined how much joy having a baby would bring into our lives and that he was more in love with me than ever after seeing me become the mother to his child.

It was one of the sweetest things the man has ever said. And I hope he remembers that sentiment well, especially since I made another trip to Target this afternoon and spent a bunch of money on our pride and joy's bedding. The bedding that I said I would wait to buy until it went on sale. The bedding that won't even be used until she actually moves into a big girl bed, which most likely won't be until after we leave Jacksonville because of the space constraints of her current bedroom.

To my defense, the sheet set was half off. Unfortunately, the rest of the bedding was not. What choice did I have but to grab the bedding when I came upon the aisle and saw a lady eyeing it, and there was a limited supply left? As Grace was busy waving and saying hi the the lady, I was trying to sneak a peek at what she had in her cart- everything I wanted and in the size that I needed!

I was nervous the lady had taken the last of the size I needed, but thankfully I found one full size sheet set that was hidden behind a stack of king sizes. I took it as a sign that I needed to go ahead and just get the rest of the bedding to complete the collection, on sale or not, before they sold out and I was out of luck.

Although I feel slightly guilty about not waiting for a better deal on the rest of the bedding, I am greatly relieved that I can finally put my bedding obsession to rest. As fun as it was visiting all the Targets around town, sometimes all in one day, it was also really exhausting.

Daddy fixed her horsie and she loves him so much that she likes to sweetly nuzzle him whenever she's nearby.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Hahaha!! I love it! I get the exact same way over bedding. I just can't seem to help myself. I can't wait to see Grace's sweet new room.

Joannemay Estoesta said...

Since you love the Owl collection at Gymbo, I'm wondering if the bedding is the Owl one at Tar-Jay.

Michael said...

Grace's antics make our day!

Love,
Grandma and Grandpa

Julie, the mama said...

Well, now you need to post pictures! :-)