Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Favorite Moments of the Day

Watching my little ballerina run around at the pool. I love that she's so dainty, but only in looks. She climbed up those stairs at the splash park and slid down the twisty slide fearlessly, over and over again.

Grace asked me to take her picture for the very first time and, of course, I obliged. I was expecting her to strike a pose, but instead she lifted up her shirt to show the camera her belly button.

This cupcake was supposed to be Grace's after dinner dessert last night, but she had a popsicle instead. So while she napped this afternoon, I snuck it out of the fridge and devoured the thing with a cup of Lady Earl tea and lots and lots of guilt. Apparently, a chocolate cupcake with chocolate buttercream frosting proved too great a temptation for this chocoholic. If Grace didn't know she was supposed to have a cupcake, then it doesn't really matter, right? What she doesn't know won't hurt her....

3 comments:

Nellie said...

you forgot to say that she can withstand hurricane eli! that girl is tough! ...and that poor boy wouldn't know "gentle" if it slapped him in the head!

Julie, the mama said...

That first picture might just be my favorite ever. Sooooo adorable. And that cupcake....wish I had me about 3 of those right this second.

Meagan said...

I just think that top picture is priceless. Too cute for words! And the cupcake, feel free to mail one or one dozen to Japan.