Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Nice Surprise

We had a great day. We started off with a playdate with some friends at the hands-on museum, lunch at Panera's, and then shopping at Gymboree. Unfortunately, Grace didn't score any new outfits today because they didn't have her size in the outfits that I wanted for her, but it was still nice to go shopping with a friend for a change. Then it was back home for a long afternoon nap.

As lovely as all that sounds, it was overshadowed with the fact that Mike would be working so late he wouldn't get home until after Grace went to bed. Just like last night.

But then as I was deciding whether I should eat cereal or a bagel for dinner, Mike called and said he was on the way home, three hours earlier than expected! So Grace and I went outside to wait and welcome home her much missed daddy. What a nice surprise to have him home for dinner.

By the way, we didn't have cereal or bagels for dinner. I had Mike stop by Walmart to pick up a ready made pizza.




When we first started dating, Mike gave me a tutorial on how to properly close his car door so as not to get any fingerprints on her (Catherine, the Camaro). When I told him Grace left a big old handprint on the car, instead of freaking out, he said not to worry about it. My, how times have changed.

This isn't the best picture of Grace, but I had to include it because it shows her first pedicure. She insisted on getting her toes painted as I painted mine this morning.

1 comments:

Michael said...

It's so nice to see such a good father-daughter relationship. Enjoy it. It will change in 12 years.

Grace's pedicure is so cute. We remember when Dinah painted Megan's little toes when Megan was 2 years old.

Love,
Grandma and Grandpa