Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Runaway Bunny

Every kid threatens it. I know I did. I just didn't think my kid would do it so soon.

She was begging for some chocolate milk this evening, but I didn't want it to ruin her appetite so I told her she could have some after she ate her dinner. She whined. I said no. She produced some crocodile tears. My answer was still no. She 'pretty pleased' me several times. Still no.

"Well, I guess I'll have to run away then."

I laughed. And, still, I didn't give her the chocolate milk. Am I a mean mama or what?

Later, we had a Skype session with Lola and Lolo. I told them the story of my runaway bunny and Lola asked where she was running away to. Grace said, "Virginia Beach." Smart girl! That's where the grandparents are. If she was in Virginia Beach, I know my girl would have been chugging on some chocolate milk long before threats of running away had to be issued.




4 comments:

Meagan said...

That is hilarious!

Lola said...

At least she knows where to go. lol

Julie, the mama said...

Smart, smart girl. Lola would probably buy her a chocolate cow so she could have unlimited chocolate milk!

Anonymous said...

Grace is so cute and funny and she has such great parents.

i wish you would make more videos and/or daily vlogs like the shaytards on youtube,i bet you would have lots of subscribers.

and i would love to watch her giggling or doing funny stuff.