Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm Getting Married

Grace dug into her stash of dress up clothes- all of two outfits, really- and proclaimed, "I'm getting married!"

Grace will be a flower girl in the fall and we have already begun prepping her for the role by practicing the walk down the aisle and watching our wedding video. Hence her current fascination with all things wedding related. She hasn't seen 'Say Yes to the Dress' yet, but I'd be willing to bet she would enjoy it.

The only other big news of the day was Grace's last ballet class for the summer. For the past six weeks when it came time for her class, I would stand behind the glass looking into her dance studio and sweat.

I was so stressed out about the fact that my child was twirling around the room when all the other girls were seated. Or hanging from the bar like a monkey when the other girls were doing plies. Or snaking her way between the teacher's legs as the poor lady was trying to demonstrate a dance move. The most mortifying moment was when they were doing stretches on the floor and Grace leaned over and sniffed the teacher's feet! I thought for sure that at the end of every class I would get called into a conference and be told to reconsider Grace's enrollment in ballet.

But she made it all the way through the summer session without getting kicked out, and although it was very slight, there was some progress. So we went ahead and signed her up for ballet for the year, two classes a week. Grace loves it, but her poor teachers....

We made sure to give Miss Amanda a thank you present for being so very, very patient with our easily distracted ballerina.


I ended the evening with a rare girls' night out. While daddy and daughter were having their date night, I dined with some lovely ladies from the Farragut. It was wonderful!

0 comments: