Saturday, August 6, 2011

She Bit Me in the Butt

I don't know if it's a Filipino thing or not, but we like to bite cute little kids. Not for real or anything; just a pretend chomp usually accompanied with exclamations like, "You are just so cute! I'm going to bite you!" Sometimes those adorable rolls and chubby cheeks are just too good to pass up.

Grace was never a particularly chubby baby, but that didn't stop me from biting her sweet self. To this day, even though she doesn't have a hint of a roll anywhere, I still do the pretend bite on her skinny little arms and legs.

So how mad could I really get when I was prepping dinner in the kitchen and all of a sudden I get bit in the butt by Grace. As strange as it may seem to anyone else, to her, it's a sign of love and affection.

I did make sure to have the conversation about how mama doesn't use her teeth so it doesn't actually hurt, and there is no biting anyone other than her mama and daddy. If I ever get a phone call from school about Grace biting one of her teachers or classmates, I don't think I would be able to convince the administrators that it's actually a sweet thing.

Daddy came home tonight after a few days of underway time. Grace made sure he took us out for some ice cream after dinner and then wouldn't let him out of her sight at home.

0 comments: