Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sweet and Sassy

My girl is a whole lot of sweet and a little bit sassy. Getting sassier by the day, it seems.

This morning, I caught her trying to jump off the back of the couch. She tried to tell me, "I'm stroooong!" I told her to get down anyway. She listened to me, but to let me know she didn't like it one bit, she said, "Mama, I love you, but don't talk to me."

While we were out running errands this morning, I told her I would treat her to Chick-fil-a for lunch, to which she said, "Mama, you made me so excited!" But when I told her I needed to pick up my new glasses first, she informed me, "Your glasses are not broken. You don't need new glasses. Let's just go to Chick-fil-a NOW."

We ended up getting my glasses first, despite Grace's protests, but she redeemed herself by saying, "You're gorgeous" when I asked her how I looked in my new glasses.

And then guess who got into my lipgloss again...



1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Gotta have some sass to even out all that sweetness!