Monday, August 8, 2011

1st Naughty Report

I should have seen it coming when I had to drag a bawling Grace to the gym this morning. She wanted to bring her doll to the childcare and I told her she had to leave her baby in the car.

Maybe I should have let her bring it because when I went to pick her up after my workout, instead of the usual glowing report of how sweet my child is, I was told she had to be put in time out for taking toys away from kids.

Uh-oh.

We had a serious conversation about the situation when we got home. Remember a few weeks back when Grace questioned me on why wouldn't the kids give up the toys when she was asking so nicely? Well, apparently she got tired of the 'nice' way and took matters into her own hands. In her words, "Sharing is NOT nice! I wanted it!"

Double uh-oh.

I continued to play up the benefits of sharing. Every time I thought I was making progress, she would say, "But I want it!"

I was finally able to get her to repeat the words, "Sharing is good. If a kid is playing with a toy I want, I will not take it. I will say 'That's okay, I'll find something else to play with." I continued to repeat the sharing mantra randomly throughout the day, but only time will tell if she will actually do as she says.

Other than Grace's off morning, we had a fantastic day. The best part was when Mike called at 3:30 and said he was on his way home. To celebrate, we went out for a little shopping and then I abandoned the pork chops I was going to make for dinner in favor of checking out a new pizzeria we spotted while out and about.

Here's hoping Grace's first naughty report will also be her last!

2 comments:

Lola said...

At least she did not hit the kid. You punched your cousin Fatima when you were Grace's age.

Nellie said...

So cute. Yes, even Grace's "naughty" is adorable. :) Wait til your kids fight...in CHILDREN'S CHURCH! Now THAT'S embarrassing!