Saturday, April 30, 2011

Our Princess' Wedding Fund

When I was planning my wedding, I wanted to keep it small and simple, much to the dismay of my parents. If Grace's wishes today still ring true when it comes time for her to walk down the aisle, then Lola and Lolo will finally get the chance to be part of an extravagant wedding.

After ignoring much of the royal wedding frenzy yesterday, I finally succumbed to it this morning when there was a repeat of the event on TV. Grace and I cuddled on the couch in our pajamas and watched the highlights, but it wasn't until I told her we were watching a prince and princess get married when she really started to pay attention because, as she put it, "I'm a princess, too, Mama!"

Every time she saw something that she liked, she made sure to tell me that she wanted to have it when she got married, too. A couple of things that were high on her wish list: trees in church and a 'horse carriage'.

I immediately emailed Mike to let him know we needed to start our little princess' wedding fund ASAP if we were going to even begin to afford all the things she wanted for her dream wedding. He replied that he would make sure she got the wedding of her dreams as long as he got to pick out her prince.

Coloring with Lola.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I'm with Mike!!! Funny story. As usual!

Meagan said...

That's hilarious! Didn't you just love the wedding? So pretty.