Thursday, April 28, 2011

Eavesdropping

Grace was up way past bedtime last night, but woke up bright and early this morning. Because of this, I thought I wouldn't have any problem getting her to nap this afternoon. Silly me. Instead of going to sleep, she lined up all of her stuffed animal friends and talked non-stop with them. I was so tickled at the conversation that instead of insisting on sleep, I eavesdropped. After a few minutes, I opened up my laptop and started transcribing the conversation because she is so talkative I knew I wouldn't remember it all.


*Do you love your mama, sweetie? Oh, that's nice. You have to take good care of her.

*Oh my gosh! Did you fall down? Don't worry we'll get you a band aid! Sit down nicely. You have to be careful, alright?

*Are you hungry? Do you want some carrots? I'll go buy some at the store.

*Hold hands with your friends. Oh, that's so nice of you! You love each other.

*Do you like my nail polish? It's pretty. Oh no, don't eat it! Are you hungry? I will get you a cupcake. Do you want to have a tea party? Like Max and Ruby? OK. That sounds like a good idea.

*Let's get you dressed. Oh, that hairbow doesn't match. OK, that's a pretty one. Are you ready now? Oh, OK.


We visited Grandpa today, who is doing well. I had to warn Grace to be gentle with Grandpa, though, because she normally likes to jump and climb all over him. To explain why she needed to be gentle, Grandpa showed her his bandage. My sweet girl became completely silent and her face showed such concern at Grandpa's big boo-boo. She was on the verge of tears and we had to repeatedly reassure her that Grandpa is okay and will be all better real soon.

Trying on Grandpa's Navy hat.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

LOVE that conversation! Kids really do say the darndest things!!

Julie, the mama said...

I think I'll STILL be laughing about her conversations in a week. Maybe even a month. Hilarious!