Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Grandpa

We celebrated Grandpa's birthday with lunch at a Greek restaurant. I don't particularly care for Greek food unless it's baklava. Or so I thought until I had some today. It was much better than I remembered and I was pleasantly surprised.

After lunch, Grace went off for some fun with the grandparents while Mike and I were left to our own devices. We wandered the mall for a bit looking for a new pair of glasses for me and some new Virginia Tech clothing for him. Then we headed back to my parents' house where he spent the afternoon studying while I did laundry.

We're an exciting couple, I know. But strangely enough, just having him around and near me was enough to keep me smiling and happy.

Of course, when it was time to pick up Grace from her day of fun with the grandparents, she refused to go. It took us a long time to get her to leave, and even then, it was under duress. The child wailed and begged grandma to come with her. And I think grandma very nearly hopped into the car with us just to stop the torture of seeing her grandbaby cry like that. We were able to console Grace, but only slightly, with the promise that they would see each other again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Aunt Megan said...

She is so fun to have around!!

Julie, the mama said...

So very, very sweet. That is one blessed little girl.

Meagan said...

Greek food! I'm going to have to go get some tomorrow.

Love that Grace has such great grandparents!