Friday, April 29, 2011

A Playdate with Her First Boyfriend

Grace and her first boyfriend, Bryce, were reunited today. They met at Chick-fil-a for lunch, chaperoned by their mamas and Bryce's baby brother, Colton. While they were getting reacquainted over chicken nuggets and milk, Mandy and I were busy trying to catch up on all that has happened since we last saw each other a year ago. She and I used to teach together in what seems like a lifetime ago, but I'm so thankful that we still keep in touch. It was fun reminiscing on those crazy times as middle school teachers of moody adolescents and comparing them to our crazy times now as stay-at-home moms of busy toddlers.





In the afternoon, we helped Uncle Ninong go shopping for a new bedroom set. Then he agreed to hang out with Grace while I went out and saw a movie with my bestie, Michelle. We saw "Jane Eyre" and enjoyed it with the five other people in the theater. I really did like the movie, but I'm so glad she agreed to see it with me because there is no way Mike would have gone without expecting some kind of favor in return.

1 comments:

Meagan said...

That sounds like a really fun day! Meeting up with old friends is so fun.