Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekend Highlights

It's been a busy weekend so here are a few highlights...

*Grace spent all day Saturday with Grandpa and Grandma. While she was enjoying herself, I was able to go shopping with a friend and indulged in a leisurely lunch that included a large chocolate milkshake.

*Grace got her ear re-pierced. One of the holes closed up and I've been dreading getting them re-pierced because she's older now and can actually tell me it hurts, which would inevitably bring on the guilt for putting her through it. But she did fabulously. She had fallen asleep on the way there and so she didn't see it coming when it came time for the piercing. I wasn't sure if that would be a good thing or not, but it worked out for the best. When she woke up, she cried for just a few seconds and after Grandma bought her a ton of hair accessories to appease her, she actually left the store smiling.

*On Sunday morning, I visited my friends, the Shumates. We had a wonderful time catching up and reminiscing about old times. Grace had the best time playing with my sweet goddaughter, Maria, and making a big old mess in her bedroom.

*After Palm Sunday Mass with my family, Grace gave us an impromptu dance session, complete with booty shaking, in the church commons, much to the delight of all the parishoners. The girl will do anything for a couple of lollipops.

Getting her first guitar lesson from Barry.

Enjoying some cuddle time with my sweet goddaughter, Maria.

My cuddle time with Maria cut short because someone had a bit of a jealous fit.

Lollipop addict.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Lollipops go a long way at my house, too!

Meagan said...

That Lollipop picture is fantastic!