Monday, April 4, 2011

A Lovely Morning and an Evening of Lumpia

After such a perfect weekend together, I was not looking forward to a duty day for Mike. The thing that made it all better was visiting with a friend. Kathy and I met in Japan and she now lives just 40 minutes away from Jacksonville. It was a lovely morning spent catching up with each other. And the bonus was that her granddaughter was visiting for the day so Grace had a sweet little playmate.

We didn't take any pictures together today, so this one will have to do. This was taken the last time we saw each other on my last night in Japan.

In the afternoon, while Grace napped for an unheard of three hours, I was busy in the kitchen. We are having a couple of families over for dinner tomorrow night. And while my worry should be how in the world we're going to fit all of them in our cozy home, instead I'm worried about pancit and lumpia. I was going to just order it, but after shamelessly bragging a few posts back about how I can now make it myself, I can't bring myself to take the easy way out. As much as I enjoy cooking, it can be a little difficult if Grace has a demanding, pay-attention-to-ME kind of day.

So as soon as I can get the girl to bed, it's going to be lumpia wrapping central up in here.

Alanna was such a little sweetheart and tolerated all of Grace's bossy commands of "Come here, Alanna!"

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Such a great day! Those girls look so darn sweet. I still can't believe Kathy is a grandma, I must have told her that a thousand times.

Julie, the mama said...

The pictures are just gorgeous.