Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Awesome Day

We started our day off by sleeping in an hour and a half past Grace's usual waking time. Which meant we started our day off perfectly! Grace and I are not morning people, and I hate to admit it, but many days if you made a random visit to our house, you would catch us still in our PJ's at noon. But this morning we had a shopping date with Lola so it was a good motivator to get our lazy selves out of our comfy clothes and into some real ones.

After visiting a couple of shoe stores and a Carter's, where I had to keep reminding myself "Grace has enough clothes, Grace has enough clothes!" when I was tempted to buy beautiful outfits in gorgeous spring colors, we had a quick bite to eat and ran into Uncle Ninong while having dessert. Where he would normally be at school teaching, he was finishing up his lunch break during a two day conference he was attending. It was a random and wonderful surprise!

Next was nap time and then a visit from one of my dearest friends in the whole wide world, Michelle. She and I have been friends since the 8th grade, and a visit to Virginia Beach is not complete until she and I have seen each other and caught up on life.

We ended our day with a mini Copon family reunion when my grandma, aunt, and cousins came over for dinner to celebrate Uncle Ninong's birthday. Even our family friend, Jess, came over to hang out for a while.

It was an awesome day. Days like this is the reason why I'm so thankful to be able to visit Virginia Beach- spending quality time with family and good friends.



My little ham! Making silly faces when I was trying to take a serious generations picture- my dad, his mom, and his grandbaby. Although if I was really going for serious, I probably should have taken the picture before I put her in the froggy jammies...

Having fun touching the ceiling with Uncle Ninong and Jess' help.



We took a ton of last minute pictures before my grandma had to leave for the evening. After all of it you'd think she would beg me to put the camera away, but Grace insisted on one more shot of just her and Lola.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

LOVE visits with family, and yours surely rolls out the red carpet when y'all are in town! So fun!

I hear you on the morning thing. My sleepy heads have been sleeping in until 8:30ish lately and I am LOVING it.

Meagan said...

I can't get over the sleeping late thing. Kay is waking up earlier and earlier these days, and I am sucking down the coffee like an addict.

I agree with Julie, LOVE those family visits! Glad y'all are having such a good time!