Monday, April 18, 2011

A Moustache Welcome

We picked Mike up yesterday and were greeted with a man wearing a moustache. I was forewarned about the facial hair, so I was a little prepared. Grace, however, was quite shocked and refused to give her daddy a kiss hello. I don't blame the child. As soon as we arrived at my parents' house, I made him shave it all off.

Even though he came back sporting a smarmy used car salesman 'stache, we are so very glad to have Mike with us. He was able to get a week of leave from the ship so we'll be able to spend Easter together! Unfortunately, the week of leave isn't for any fun purpose; he needs to use the time to study for his GMAT. I don't care though. At least we'll get to see him for meals and hopefully we can squeeze a date night in there somewhere.

I brought Grace's nanny, Uncle Josh, with us when we went to pick Mike up at Yorktown so he could keep her entertained.


We had lunch at our favorite Chinese take out place. I haven't been in years and years so it was fun to introduce Grace to the owners who have known me since I was a teen.

A Grace sandwich with Auntie Elvie and Lola.

Trying to get away from the moustache.

1 comments:

josyl said...

miss you guys a lot. we have to catch up soon. carl and josh look like twins!! xoxo