Thursday, March 31, 2011

Accidents Happen

Potty training is progressing pretty well considering I'm really not pushing it all that much. I let Grace tell me when she has to go and she's been doing so more and more consistently.

There are still a few accidents, of course, so I tell her that it's okay because it was an accident and accidents happen.

Grace loves to get on my bed and mess up my pillows. I'm okay with it, but after about the tenth time this morning, it started to get old. I guess she could tell I was starting to get upset because she told me, "Sorry, Mama. It was an accident. And accidents happen."

After dinner, I gave her a bowl of fruit for dessert. The next thing I know, all the fruit was on the floor. I have a sneaking suspicion that it was done on purpose, but the girl once again claimed it was an accident. And reminded me that accidents happen.

I don't know, but I kinda like her definition of accidents. I think tomorrow I'm going to accidentally go through the Chick-fil-a drive thru and accidentally order myself a large chocolate milkshake. And I might even accidentally go shopping for some new spring outfits. And if Mike questions the need for all the new clothes, I'll just have to tell Grace to remind her daddy that accidents happen!

4 comments:

Nellie said...

LOVE IT! eli walks around and goes "ugh! that's what happens."
i hope you accidentally have a wonderful milkshake and then get your booty up here so i can make some ice cream and my secret chocolate sauce that's so good you'll gain 10 lbs.

Meagan said...

Ha! Love it!

Julie, the mama said...

Hendley used to have "assidents" all the time. Kids are just so funny.

Beth said...

Is she wearing a diaper at all?