Sunday, March 27, 2011

Church, Costco, and a Gun Show

That pretty much sums up our Sunday. We all went to church- the first time in a long while since we've been able to do that together. It was a nice feeling walking into church as a family. Of course, we were a little late and the only seats we could find were in the baby cry room. For some reason, Grace behaves pretty well when we sit out in the main part of the church, but the moment we set foot in the cry room, the little monkey breaks loose. But at least she didn't make a mad dash for baby Jesus this morning like she usually does when I'm in line for Communion.

This picture is not posed. This is what she actually does every week after Mass- she kneels down and prays to baby Jesus to "keep me safe and healthy and keep my Daddy safe on the ship".

After church, it was a quick trip to Costco where Grace's lunch consisted of all the samples she and her daddy could find. If she really liked something, it was my job to go back for seconds. Mike and I have no qualms about doing this. We consider the free food part of our membership fee.

This picture IS posed. Just in case my mom sees this and gets mad at me for endangering her grandbaby by letting her ride in the shopping cart standing up and unbuckled.

On the way home, we happened to see a gun show, so we stopped in for a few minutes. We were still in our church clothes so we were a bit overdressed for the event. I don't care much about guns, but it was interesting to see all the different kinds of weapons and military uniforms, many of which were antique and had lots of history behind them.


Oh, and we also went to the beach in the afternoon. But it hardly counted because we only stayed for about fifteen minutes. Just enough time for our little ballerina girl to get her hands in the sand and find a few shells.
Stomping on her Daddy's castle.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

The picture of her praying....OH MY GOSH. Sweetest picture I have ever seen. And in that dress too. Gave me chills!

Lola said...

I am so proud of my little girl praying. That picture made me teary eyed. Good job too to my "CANTALOUPE" for being such a wonderful mama. Love you...