Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tough Girl

See this girl who is jumping? She may be petite, but she is one tough girl. Seriously.

Grace had a follow up doctor's appointment this morning and I tried to sneak a 2 year well baby check up in there, but it was a no-go because Grace needed to have some lab work done first. So off we went to get some blood drawn. I was nervous because this wasn't just a quick little 'stick' like when she's getting her shots. This is a 'stick a two inch long needle in her arm and draw two vials of blood' kind of procedure.

Even the lab lady who was drawing her blood decided to call for back up when she saw she was dealing with a two year old. Grace sat in my lap while I held her one arm, another lab guy held the other arm, and I braced myself for the worst.

The girl didn't even flinch. And she silently watched the vials fill up without moving a muscle. Both lab techs were impressed and said they had never seen a child as young as Grace do so well. My polite child even managed a "Have a nice day!" to the lady who stuck her. Maybe she was just trying to score a lollipop, but still.

As her reward for doing so well, I hit up another consignment sale this evening and bought her a few more things.

Okay, okay. So really, going to the consignment sale was a treat for ME and Grace just happens to be the lucky recipient of my shopping. But still....


She was so excited about getting a sit'n'spin that she snuck out while I was getting her bath ready to play on it.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Grace is SO MUCH better than her Aunt Megan in the lab. Megan faints whenever she has to have blood drawn. Grace is even better than most adults when having blood drawn. She deserves a few new dresses AND candy!

Meagan said...

Krista wails when she had blood work done. So glad Grace did well!

CUTE clothes!

Julie, the mama said...

I think it is great that your doctor does lab work. My girls have never had that done.

LOVE your finds at the sale!