Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Baby Shower and Band Aids

Helping me roll diapers to make the diaper cakes.

The very first baby shower I ever threw was for my dear friend, Julie. Thank goodness I had an awesome co-host who really knew what she was doing because if it was all left to me, poor Julie would have had a very lame baby shower indeed.

My main contribution to Julie's shower was the obligatory pancit and lumpia, being the only Filipino girl there. Oh, and I also ordered the cake. And okay, okay...a small confession- I ordered the pancit and lumpia, too. What can I say? I was a career woman back then and didn't have much free time.

I still wish I could re-do her shower knowing the crafty and creative things I know now. And although I don't know if I could pull off making her a cake, I've at least learned how to make my own pancit and lumpia since then.

The baby shower today was a success. Again, mainly because I had an awesome co-host, Jen. The mamas-to-be were lovely and we all had a wonderful time sharing our birthing and new parenting stories. And the kids had just as much fun running around the backyard and doing the spring time crafts Jen had ready for them.

Notice the missing cookie on the top row. My helper did a little unsolicited taste testing.

The beautiful mamas-to-be: Jess, Becky, and Jenny.

I owe Jen a box of bandaids. During the party, Jen commented that she kept finding random bandaids around the house. Only later did I find out they were actually coming from my daughter. Grace had fallen down and wanted a bandaid, but I told her she had on tights and didn't scrape her knee, so a bandaid wasn't necessary. She somehow found a box of bandaids, opened them, put them on her knee (on top of her tights), and scattered the rest all over the house.

Later at home, when she was supposed to be using the potty, I caught her on top of the sink and checking the medicine cabinet for more bandaids.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Look at crafty you!

The band-aids are cracking me up. :)

Lola said...

Make sure all your meds are child proof lids. And if you can find a anklet that rings when she reaches a certain height, that would be wonderful.,