Friday, March 4, 2011

Good Kind of Tired

The only picture I took yesterday.

I am tired. But it's the good kind of tired. The kind of tired you don't mind being because you had the chance to spend quality time with quality people. I want to just crawl into bed and sleep in as late as my alarm clock, Grace, will let me. I was tempted to postpone a blog update for another night, but I don't want the grandparents to worry. So here's a quick recap of the past couple of days...

Thursday, Grace and I met our dear friend and fellow book lover, Liezel, at a huge bookstore. Not the Barnes and Noble kind, but the kind where the shelves are filled with dusty, antique, out of print and hard to find books. You could seriously get lost in there! In fact, if you wander in towards the very back of the store, there are arrows painted on the floor pointing you to the way out. I tried to browse, but it was a little difficult when Grace thought it would be great fun to try to run away from me and hide in the maze of aisles. I did manage to find an out of print book I had been searching for.

Then it was lunch at Chick-fil-a where Liezel and I were able to catch up with each other because Grace was busy making new friends in the play area. They were all a little older and helped her climb up to the tunnel area and slide down the twisty slide. I thought on the way home she would be knocked out from all the fun, but she talked nonstop about her new friends.

Tonight, we headed over to the Young's for pizza and movie night. Grace was in heaven playing with all the kids. And I felt the same way hanging out with Jenn and Alicia. All three of us have given up our husbands to Farrah for the time being, and it was nice commiserating with other ladies who truly understand how challenging this phase of our lives is right now.

I don't know why, but this picture cracks me up! Maybe because it illustrates how dang near impossible it is to take a group picture of little kids.


2 comments:

Guess Who! said...

Was it Chamblain's Book Mine?

Mike and Cicely said...

Yes! That place is awesome! :)