Monday, March 7, 2011

My Little Jumping Monkey

One day, Grace will hopefully look back on these posts and see what kind of a toddler she was. So here's a little message for my sweet little monkey...

I was going to get you this:

Instead, you are getting this:
I know the first option seems like a lot more fun, but it cannot be helped after your morning shenanigans.

I have been thinking about getting Grace a little trampoline. Ever since she learned to jump, the girl has been bouncing all over the place. She has been trying to jump off anything and everything, including her stools, the couch, the coffee table, my bed, her bed, and even the dining room table. The girl thinks she's Super Grover and will magically fly, no matter how many times I tell her otherwise!

Thankfully, I've been able to stop her before she attempted jumping off the high things, but I fear it's only a matter of time before she manages to hurt herself. Which is why I thought a little trampoline would be a good investment- a safe outlet where she could get her jump on whenever she wanted.

But after catching Grace in her latest shenanigan this morning, I have to postpone the trampoline purchase and use that money towards an extra wide gate for the kitchen.


I was gone for 30 seconds to go to the bathroom and when I came back out, that was what I found. Her goal was the container of brownies on the counter. Thankfully she was so focused on the sweets that she didn't notice the knife block. This time. But there will be no next time because the new gate is ordered and will be installed the moment it arrives.


Little monkey jumped all over my bed and thought it was hilarious that my pillows were in disarray.

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

The climbing phase is frightening. I know from experience.

Meagan said...

I once found K walking along the chair rail in our dining room. I swear, the child should had auditioned for Cirque du Soleil. It is such a scary phase, but usually not a very long one. Good luck!

Michael said...

Did she get a brownie?