Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sweet Sunday

This has turned out to be a pretty awesome weekend. Yes, my favorite guy was out with his other woman, Farrah, but he was able to sneak a few phone calls to me. Grace was great at church, as long as you ignore the little incident where she fell to the floor in a quick tantrum when I wouldn't let her go racing up the altar to touch the baby Jesus statue during the middle of Communion. Thank goodness the girl is light because I was able to quickly scoop her up and silence her with bribes of lollipops. I'm sure the lollipop bribe goes against everything in those parenting books, but whatever- you do what you gotta do in the heat of the moment!

But the sweetest part of today was watching Grace play with another little girl, our beautiful neighbor, Grace. And while they played, I got to know her parents. We have been neighbors for almost a year now, but other than random waves when we would see each other outside, I sadly didn't take the initiative to take steps to further our relationship. I wanted to, I really did. I can't tell you how many times I had baked goods ready to go to drop off for them last summer. I don't know why I didn't. I blame Farrah- she really knows how to put me in a funk!

However, when my family calling cards came in the mail last week, I resolved to put an end to my antisocial ways. Grace and I whipped up some cupcakes and with a calling card in hand, walked over and delivered them. That led to a planned play date for our girls this afternoon.

I am kicking myself for waiting so long. They are such a lovely family and I hope today's play date was the first of many!



This little card led to this...

Grace and Grace!

3 comments:

Joan said...

Aww,it was a pleasure to have you and sweet Grace over.

Meagan said...

Don't ya just LOVE calling cards? I am obsessed with them! I love the green you picked, so pretty.

Sounds like a great afternoon! Lovin' that dress on Grace.

Julie, the mama said...

So cute. I too love a good ol' family calling card. So perfect for so many occasions!