Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Slow Down

The pictures from today have me a little teary-eyed. My baby looks like such a big girl! In the pictures she is getting ready to stay with our neighbors for a bit while Mike and I had an appointment to sign our wills, but she looks like she's off for a day of school.

Every single day I wish for time to slow down so I can enjoy these moments just a little bit longer, but time never listens to me. It keeps on ticking away. But that fact only makes me love every second I get to spend with my baby because I know this time goes by too fast.

When I told her she was going to play at her friend Grace's house this morning, she grabbed me by the hand, lead me to my room and ordered me, "Hurry up and get ready! Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I agree with every single word of this blog. (And that is all I can say lest I get teary eyed about how grown up she looks in these pictures. Good grief!)

Nellie said...

i totally agree!!! slow dooooownnnn. i tell turner to stop growing and he just looks at me like "duh! i want to get BIGGER!"
she's so gorgeous, but, woman, mike is going to have to have some serious problems on his hands.

Meagan said...

Couldn't agree more. I'm looking at my pre-teen wondering just where the heck her mary janes and bisops went? For the life of me I can't understand how she is growing up so dang fast!

She looks so excited in those pictures, too sweet!