Thursday, March 17, 2011

Going All Out

We're usually not big on St. Patrick's Day around here. Sure, we'll wear the obligatory green, but that's about it.

This year, I went all out. We made cookies to pass out to friends. I tablescaped in shades of green. And I cooked my first corned beef and cabbage. My house now reeks of cabbage, but my husband assures me I did a fine job on my first attempt at the St. Patrick's Day staple.

We stayed in today, not just because I was a slave to the kitchen, but because Grace has been running a temperature. The hardest part of the day was getting her to NOT help me in the kitchen. It was brutal when it came time for the cookies because all the girl wanted to do was get her hands all over them, especially when it came time to decorate. But since we were giving them away to friends, I didn't want to chance giving away her germs as well. So I tried to distract her and told her to make some cookies in her own pink kitchen.

Going all out for St. Patrick's Day was fun. We may have to do it again next year.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Irish soda bread, corned beef and cabbage, and garlic herb potatoes.

2 comments:

Uncle Josh said...

mmmm you have to make some of that when you come home because it looks great!! miss you guys

Michael said...

Your corned beef and cabbage looks delicious. Grandma made her annual St. Patrick's Day corned beef and cabbage, too.