Friday, July 23, 2010

Uncles to the Rescue

I was told that the last little bit of a deployment are the hardest to get through, but I didn't understand how that could be. Until now. I completely understand what my friends were talking about. You're so, so close, but time seems to have slowed down to an agonizing pace.

I hinted heavily that I would love some company to help pass these last few days away and the uncles came to the rescue. They arrived this afternoon and after a few minutes of uncertainty, Grace warmed up to them and has absolutely loved all the attention she's gotten.

Introducing the uncles to my favorite yogurt place, Mochi.

For most people, a night out eating pizza and frozen treats means a tighter waistband, but apparently the opposite is true for Grace. The girl's shorts kept falling as we took a walk.

2 comments:

Lola said...

Oh how i wish I were there too!!!

Julie, the mama said...

Hilarious picture of her pants falling down! Grace is blessed with wonderful uncles for sure!

I imagine the last days of a deployment are similar to the last days of pregnancy. Time always seemed to just STOP right there at the end for me!

Was so happy to see that Mike's next stop will be to reunite with his girls!!!!