Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love what it stands for and makes me think of all the reasons why I am honored to be an American citizen. I am proud that my husband is out there doing his part so that we can all celebrate this holiday. I enjoy the BBQ picnics and the fireworks display at the end of the day. And call me cheesy, but I love to dress the part of a patriotic American on the 4th of July- wearing as much red, white, and blue as I possibly can.

Even though the closest I came to eating BBQ today was finishing the leftover BBQ chicken pizza from last night and the only fireworks I saw were the little random ones that my neighbors lit, it was still a pretty good 4th of July for us Augustine girls. Grace got a ton of comments on her patriotic outfit while we were out. This is one of my favorite dresses on her and it's especially perfect for Independence Day.

But the absolute best part of today was a wonderful visit from the Arcelona family. They were headed back home to Virginia Beach after vacationing at Disney this past week and were nice enough to take a quick detour to see us.







1 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I am sure I don't even need to tell you how much I LOVE that dress on sweet Grace! Absolutely adorable.